Your Child Deserves an A+ Math Education
Peruse this site for my FREE math worksheets, recommended math education products and lots of tips to help your child be more successful in math class!
Are you aware of the crucial math education skills your child needs to master in order to succeed in his or her math courses?
As a math teacher for over 20 years and now a Middle/High School Principal, I know the answer for most parents, the answer is NO.
Month after month, parents who read this site thank me for the grade-by-grade math education tips, the superior math remediation and enrichment resources I recommend, and free printable math worksheets that I've prepared; which helped to put their children back on track for math success.
Whether your son is just beginning to learn first grade math, or your daughter is a high school math student studying SAT math and preparing for college, you'll find math help and guidance to help your child more successful in math class.
Isn't it the school's job to make sure my child is successful in his math education?
Yes and No.
Schools and school-systems set a math curriculum and teachers (hopefully, skilled ones) guide children through these curricula. But when a child needs regular math help just to keep up in class, schools often can't diagnose why that is.
That's because the common causes of a student's troubles may be endemic to school's math curriculum, or even the American Math Education system as a whole.
It could be that the school has over-accelerated math courses, or that the teacher does not understand the actual process of learning math, or maybe your child has a math learning disability or just needs to work on improving concentration skills.
It's up to you, the parent, to understand the bigger picture of your child's math needs, and guide him or her successfully. You are in charge of finding proper math practice worksheets for help or perhaps a good math tutor and even enrichment if your child needs it.. not the teacher or the school.
Find Math Help Here
As you browse through this site, I'll help you learn what math skills your child should have mastered by now. You'll find my free math worksheets and tips for skills practice and remediation based on my 20 years of experience as a math educator and school administrator. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the information you encounter on this site.
Wishing you much math success!
--Etan Savir, Editor
Need a math tutor? Wyzant.com helps you locate experienced tutors in your city. You can read reviews, research tutors, and start tutoring with a satisfaction guarantee. If your child needs serious math help, don't wait any longer, look into hiring a tutor today.
Powered by WyzAnt Math Tutors
- The Math Education Blog for Parents
- The Math Education Blog for Parents explains what YOU, the Parent, can do to make your child more successful in his or her math education.
- Search This Site
- search the Sensible Math Education home page
- FREE printable math worksheets: use the worksheets for math practice at home
- Use our free printable math worksheets to practice math skills with your child. We made these math worksheets printable as a resource for homeschoolers and other educationally-involved parents.
- Discover Preschool math skills you can teach your children at home.
- Counting, number recognition and number formation are key Preschool math skills. Learn fun, easy ways to achieve these goals.
- Discover Kindergarten Math Activities that develop strong early math skills.
- Get great tips for Kindergarten Math Activities to do at home with your kids. Learn Kindergarten Math Ideas you can practice with your child to give strong early math skills.
- Discover the 1st grade math skills your child must master for success.
- Discover the 1st grade math skills your child needs for math success. Learn how to teach your child: the math facts, counting to 100, ordinal numbers, early fractions concepts and more.
- Learn the second grade math topics your 2nd grade math student must master
- A good second grade math curriculum should help your 2nd grade math student master addition and subtraction skills and also learn two digit arithmetic, place values to the hundreds, money and time.
- Learn the third grade math skills your 3rd grade math student should master.
- Get free tips and ideas to help your third grade math student master key 3rd grade math topics like, addition & subtraction with regrouping (up to four digits), multiplication and more.
- Learn the fourth grade math topics your 4th grade math student should master.
- Get FREE tips & ideas to help your fourth grade math student master key 4th grade math topics, including; addition & subtraction with regrouping, multiplying by 2 digits in order to learn division.
- Learn the fifth grade math topics your 5th grade math student needs to master.
- Fifth grade math culminates with practice of all elementary topics with increased difficulty, throughout the year. Learn the 5th grade math topics your child should know "backwards and forwards".
- Learn the sixth grade math topics your 6th grade math student needs to master.
- Get FREE tips to help your sixth grade math student master key 6th grade math topics like fractions, decimals, percents, integers, mixed numbers word problems, and more.
- Learn the key prealgebra topics for a good middle school math curriculum.
- Get FREE guidance on the key prealgebra skills your middle school math student should master for success in high school math courses.
- Learn algebra well for a strong foundation in all high school math classes.
- Discover the reasons to learn algebra well. Whether your child's in 8th grade algebra or 9th grade algebra, you'll find a guide for success.
- Learn the key algebra 2 skills your child should master.
- Learn the core algebra 2 topics your child should learn in a good high school math curriculum.
- Geometry help: Tips to help your child successfully learn geometry
- Get geometry help to guide your child to successfully learn geometry.
- SAT math success is achievable when parents follow the steps I recommend.
- Learn how parents can help their children successfully prepare on the SAT math component.
- Improving concentration can help your child be more successful in math.
- Improving concentration skills can be fun. Here are many concentration techniques you and your child can do together.
- Overcoming Math Anxiety
- Learn tips for overcoming math anxiety and becoming more successful in math courses.
- Math learning disability: learn tips for different types of learning disabilitie
- A 20-year math educator shares his best tips on how to help a child with a math learning disability gain better math skills and to function better in his math classroom environment!
- Get math help! Parents can get tips from other parents for math issues.
- Parents can get math help and tips for math success by reading ideas other parents have shared.
- Sitemap for the Sensible Math Education web site
- Welcome to the sitemap for the Sensible Math Education web site. Use this page as your starting point for finding the math content you want on this site.
- About Etan Savir
- Learn from Etan Savir, a 16-year math educator, what Parents can do to ensure their child achieves success in his or her math education courses.
- Contact Us
- Contact us with questions about the content of Sensible-Math-Education.com
- American Math Education has failed terribly in most public schools, here's why:
- American math education is weak. Here are reasons why and what you can do about it.
- Math facts memorization is a key elementary math skill.
- If your child hasn't memorized the math facts by 3rd grade, s/he may be doomed to math struggles all through school. Learn more about the math facts and tips to help your child master them.
- Multiplying fractions is a vital math education skill.
- Multiplying fractions is an important skill for all of middle school and high school math. Its also an important life skill all children should master.
- Dividing fractions is a vital skill for middle school math and high school math.
- Dividing fractions is an important middle school and high school math skill. Its also an important life skill that all kids should know.
- 7th Grade Math Problems: Learn what your 7th grade student can expect in math.
- Learn the types of 7th grade math problems your child can expect in his math class. FREE 7th grade math worksheets available to print at end of article.
- High School Math Tutor Hiring Tips. Learn how to manage private math tutors.
- Learn how to evaluate a high school math tutor, how much to expect to pay private math tutors, and tips for managing the math tutor relationship.